Unshackled




"And just like that
I got too tired of talking about us.
All that we had
and all that it meant to me.
because
It just meant only to me,
that's what was exhausting about it.
I was drained
and I didn't want to hang on to it
for any longer than I already had..
You had to be stopped.
This had to stop.
I had to stop.
For my own sanity.
For my own being.." - Anjum Choudhary

Your life is like a story: You, the main character, and everyone else a supporting role or temporary character. Only few are members of the main cast. Just like in a book, every character has a purpose to fulfil in every chapter, and not every one makes it to the next chapter or to the end of your story.

We all know when the time for a particular character has come to an end, but stubborn human nature refuses us to say our goodbyes and step into the next scene. By attempting to write them into the next chapter, of which only God's will determines whether or not will happen, we enslave ourselves to them and deny ourselves opportunity for new characters with new purpose to come into our stories. Energy spent holding on to what is fighting to be released will only bleed the knuckles.

A point in time comes when one must read the last word of the chapter, embrace it's closure, and turn the page, ready and excited for what the rest of the story has to offer. The ending of one and beginning of  another is like taking your first step outside the morning after rains: calm and fresh, because it is well with your soul.

Comments