I Am


Art by Shinichi Muruyama

"I AM THAT I AM" - Exodus 3:14


I am, because He is. He is, and therefore, in Him, I am.

There is no greater security blanket than the blessed assurance, "I Am that I Am" - continuously present. Never was, never will be, but is, now and in forever's existence.

In His likeness, thus we are created. Falling prey to the serpent's sly seduction, we are but stained, yet never ceasing to be. Never ceasing to be…

Still whole, still pure, still competent, still smart, still talented….still as beautiful as a newborn fast asleep on his mother's bosom.

In His unchanging likeness and power, so are we upon washing the stains of unforgiveness, hatred, superiority complex, pride, envy, jealousy, destructive tongues, feelings of unworthiness - just but among a myriad of the devil's lies.

In His unchanging likeness, nourished by the fruits of the Spirit - love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control - so are we, with the power to be our heart's desires.

Yet, not for our own glory, but His.

I am, and I can be, because He is, and only in Him, I am.

Comments